University of Birmingham / KAPLAN Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 28/05/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
In partnership with Kaplan International College London (KICL), the University of Birmingham is pleased to provide this scholarship for academic high achievers.
Who we are looking for
You should have an excellent academic background.
The allocation of the award will be made based on academic excellence and a willingness to support the University in promoting Kaplan and the Kaplan-University pathway through volunteering whilst studying at the University.
By accepting the award, the scholar will agree to support the partnership between the University and KICL by, for example, helping with future student visits, being available for testimonials/ photos/videos for marketing purposes and engaging in other activities such as blogging (if required).
Value of Award
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce 2 scholarship awards of £2,500 for students, currently studying at Kaplan International College London (KICL), who is applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2021.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2021. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be studying at KICL.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Upon enrolment in September 2021, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery or any Engineering and Physical Sciences programmes are not eligible for this scholarship. However, the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences offers a wide variety of scholarships and bursaries for undergraduate students, many of which are open to international applicants.
How to Apply
Email KICL.Progression@kaplan.com confirming your interest in the scholarship and your interest in helping to promote Kaplan and University of Birmingham. The deadline for submitting your scholarship application varies depending on when you are due to receive your results from Kaplan. For May/June finishers this will be 28 May 2021 and for July/August finishers this will be 30 July 2021.
KICL will identify the best performing students (from those that apply) and the final decision will be decided jointly between KICL and University of Birmingham.
The full Scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment of the student onto their programme in September 2021 and will be deducted from the first-year tuition fees only. Only the successful scholarship awardee will be notified of the outcome.