New Staff in Computer Science, March-July 2014
The School of Computer Science has made a number of excellent appointments over the past couple of months:
Dr Luca Canzian
Postdoctoral Research Associate
- Data mining and stream mining techniques for Big Data.
- Online learning in distributed environments.
- Strategic network formation to model bacterial social behaviour.
- Game theory and mechanism design in distributed multi-agent systems
Dr Michael Denzel
- IT Security
- Malware, especially rootkits
Dr Gurchetan Grewal
- Electronic voting
- Privacy in Social networks
Dr Mihaela Popa-Wyatt
- Formal models of the Semantics-Pragmatics of Figurative Speech
- Accommodating context-sensitivity within a theory of human communication, in particular how context-sensitivity affects compositionality.
- Semantics-pragmatics of 'bad' words like slurs and pejoratives in relation to broader issues about expressivism
Mr Minlue Wang
- Monitoring plan execution in partially observable worlds
- Planning, execution monitoring, fault diagnosis, and robotics
Other appointments include:
- Morteza Azad, Research Fellow
- Miss Kiren Bains, Assistant Administrator Teaching Support
- Miss Melissa Fletcher, Academic Administration Officer
- Mr Piotr Kordy. Research Fellow
- Miss Andrea Radu, Research Associate
- Mr Alexander Smith, Research Fellow