Modern Languages Seminar series
The theme of the Modern Languages Seminar series this year is Sexuality and Gender Studies.
No knowledge of any modern foreign language is necessary to attend, and the events will be interdisciplinary and wide-ranging.
The programme is as follows:
Wed 9 October 2013, 6.00
- Dr Robert Gillett, QMUL,
- "Firing the Canon: The Politics and Poetics of Exclusion"
- Venue: Arts Building Lecture Room 4
Thurs 28 November 2013, 5.15
- Dr Anna Katharina Schaffner, University of Kent,
- "Sexology and Literature: On the Uses and Abuses of Fiction"
- Venue: Muirhead Tower, Room 121
Thursday 6 March 2014, 5.15
- Professor Chris Perriam, University of Manchester
- "Queer Cinemas Between France and Spain"
- Venue to be announced.