US Alumni Ambassador Program
We are creating a new alumni ambassador role for volunteers who would like to actively participate in the alumni community and connect with the University.
What would an Alumni Ambassador do?
The role could include:
- Being the local contact for alumni in a particular city or area of the USA
- Being the local contact for students who are leaving the US to start at Birmingham
- Welcoming returning alumni and introducing them to the local alumni community
- Liaising with visiting University staff and academics
- Offering industry expertise to the wider alumni community
- Assisting in coordinating an event in your city around the Global Alumni Gathering in May each year
We will provide as much support as possible to ensure the success of this new role. Since this is the first year of the program we will closely monitor its effectiveness for both the Ambassadors and the alumni group. We envision that each Ambassador's term will be for one year to be reviewed and renewed annually if so desired. Please let us know if you would like to hear more about the program.