We welcome all visitors to the Cadbury Research Library and look forward to assisting you with your research.
If you are a University of Birmingham student or staff member, you do not need to book. Simply arrive during our opening hours (see below) and bring your current UoB ID card.
If you are external to the University of Birmingham, please see booking details below.
How to make a booking if you wish to visit
- Requests for appointments to be made at least one week in advance
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- State your first and second choice dates (see below for our opening hours).
- Specify what you’d like to view when you make your booking request. Up to six archive boxes or ten printed books can be pre-ordered. If you are unsure about the quantity of material you are requesting, list your items in order of priority and the first six boxes will be fetched initially for you. Additional material can be ordered on the day of your visit.
- You will need to bring official identification when you visit confirming your name, address and signature.
University of Birmingham staff and students do not need to pre-book, but if you would like to, please book as outlined above.
Our searchroom is open Monday to Friday 10.15 to 15.45. The searchroom is closed over lunch between 13.00 and 13.30. Outside of these hours, staff are supporting the research community by operating a virtual reading room; hosting in-person groups and teaching sessions; as well as running an enquiry and reprographics service.
We are closed on Bank Holidays and University of Birmingham closed days.
You are welcome to bring a hand-held camera without a tripod, or a mobile phone to take images for personal use (subject to copyright).
From 3rd January 2023, our searchroom hours will increase and will be open Monday to Friday 10.00 to 17.00, with a lunch closure between 13.00 and 13.30.
We also provide
Teaching at the University of Birmingham
If you would like to discuss options for delivering teaching at the University of Birmingham using our collections, please email email@example.com
- The Cadbury Research Library is located on the Edgbaston campus at the University of Birmingham. Situated on the Lower Ground Floor of Muirhead Tower, Edgbaston, Birmingham. B15 2TT. R21 on the campus map.
- Download our Campus Map app on iOS and Android devices.
- Parking is very limited on campus so travelling by public transport is recommended. The University train station and bus stops are a 10-minute walk from the Cadbury Research Library.