Page last updated 28 September 2021.
In response to COVID-19, we’ve made some changes to the way we operate. Access to the collections is currently by appointment only.
How to make a booking if you wish to visit:
- Requests for appointments to be made at least one week in advance
- Email email@example.com to book
- State your first and second choice dates (See below for our opening hours, Monday-Friday lunchtime)
- Specify what you’d like to view when you make your booking. Up to 6 archive boxes or 10 printed books can be pre-ordered. Additional material can be ordered over lunchtime on the day of your visit. If you are unsure about the quantity of material you are requesting, list your items in order of priority and the first 6 boxes will be fetched initially for you.
We also provide:
The Reading Room is currently open Monday to Thursday from 10.20am to 3.40pm. The Reading Room will be closed between 1.00pm and 1.30pm each day. On Fridays the Reading Room is open from 10.20am to 1.10pm. Outside of these hours, staff are supporting the research community by operating a 1-1 virtual Reading Room; hosting small in-person and remote teaching sessions; as well as running an enquiry and reprographics service.
Teaching at the University of Birmingham
If you would like to discuss options for delivering teaching at the University of Birmingham with our collections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download our Campus Map app for free on iOS and Android devices
- The Cadbury Research Library is discoverable on Google Maps
Health and Safety
The Cadbury Research Library has enhanced hygiene measures in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission. These include:
- Enhanced cleaning schedules
- Additional regulations for users in the CRL Reading Room
- Hand sanitiser stations in addition to hand washing facilities
Researchers will be required to wear their own face covering during their visit. If you have any specific questions, please ask these at the time of making your request for access.