We welcome all researchers to the Cadbury Research Library and look forward to assisting you with your research.
If you are a University of Birmingham student or staff member, you do not need to book. Simply arrive during our opening hours (see below) and bring your valid UoB ID card.
If you are external to the University of Birmingham, please see booking details below.
How to make a booking if you wish to visit
- Requests for appointments to be made at least one week in advance
- Email email@example.com to book.
- State your first and second choice dates (see below for our opening hours).
- Specify what you’d like to view when you make your booking request. Up to six archive boxes or ten printed books can be pre-ordered. If you are unsure about the quantity of material you are requesting, list your items in order of priority and the first six boxes will be fetched initially for you. Additional material can be ordered on the day of your visit.
- You will need to bring official identification when you visit confirming your name, address and signature.
University of Birmingham staff and students do not need to pre-book, but if you would like to, please book an appointment as outlined above.
Our searchroom is open Monday to Friday 10.15 to 15.45. The searchroom will close over lunch between 13.00 and 13.30 each day. Outside of these hours, staff are supporting the research community by operating a virtual reading room; hosting in-person groups and teaching sessions; as well as running an enquiry and reprographics service.
The Birmingham Commonwealth Games is being held 28 July - 8 August 2022. Some events will take place at the Universty of Birmingham, and campus is expected to be very busy.
We are closed on Bank Holidays and University of Birmingham closed days.
We also provide
Teaching at the University of Birmingham
If you would like to discuss options for delivering teaching at the University of Birmingham with our collections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cadbury Research Library is located on the Edgbaston campus at the University of Birmingham. Situated on the Lower Ground Floor of Muirhead Tower, Edgbaston, Birmingham. B15 2TT. R21 on the campus map.
- Download our Campus Map app for free on iOS and Android devices.
- Discoverable on Google Maps
Health and Safety
The Cadbury Research Library has enhanced hygiene measures in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
It is recommended researchers wear their own face covering during their visit, unless exempt. If you have any specific questions, please ask these at the time of making your request for access.