The Cadbury Research Library is closed due to Covid-19 and will remain closed until at least the end of August/early September. Please check back on our website then for an update.
Our Email Enquiry Service is still being monitored. Please be aware staff are working from home and do not have access to collections. Please send enquiries by email only.
Our Imaging Service is suspended.
Online services are unaffected:
Our venue is closed and the following services are suspended:
- Reading room and seminar room
- Reader's ticket registration
- Imaging services
For up-to-date information on the University's Covid-19 response and restricted campus operations please refer to the University of Birmingham homepage.
We are located on the lower ground floor of the Muirhead Tower on the main Edgbaston Campus of the University of Birmingham. Please do not travel to the Cadbury Research Library at this time until further notice.
- Download our Campus Map app for free on iOS and Android devices
- The Cadbury Research Library is discoverable on Google Maps
- Digital totems postioned around the Edgbaston Campus have searchable directions for wayfinding
- On arrival enter the Muirhead Tower through the raised foyer
- Take the lift or stairs down one level to the lower ground floor (LG)
- Follow the signs to the Cadbury Research Library
- Monday 10:00 – 17:00 (last retrieval 16:15)
- Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00 (last retrieval 16:15)
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00 (last retrieval 16:15)
- Thursday 09:00 – 19:00 (last retrieval 16:30; please pre-order if arriving after 16:30)
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (last retrieval 16:15)
We do not retrieve material between 13:00-14:00, the reading room remains open over lunchtime
The Cadbury Research Library is closed on weekends, University closed days and public holidays.
- Use the lifts to the side and rear of Muirhead Tower to take you up to the main foyer area of the building
- From there you will need to use the internal Muirhead Tower lift to the Lower Ground floor (LG) to reach the Cadbury Research Library reception
- For more information about disabled access please telephone +44 (0)121 414 5839
Muirhead Tower Access Guide
CRL Reader's Card
- Material in our care can only be consulted in our reading room once you have registered for a Cadbury Research Library Reader's Card on your first visit
- You must bring your CRL Reader's Card on all subsequent visits
- Registration is free
- Official identification showing your name, address and signature is required. A valid University of Birmingham staff or student ID card can be presented as proof of identification
To make the most of your research visit please read about our Reader Facilities ahead of your first visit to the CRL.
For the time being please contact us by EMAIL ONLY while our team works remotely due to Covid-19 response.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: +44 (0)121 414 5839
- By post: Cadbury Research Library, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK