CTL Biolabs are used on a timetabled basis only. They are located in building R27 on the campus map (pdf). They can be accessed from the CTL main building (R31).
- 5 labs offering multi-disciplinary teaching for up to 360 students at any one time
- Disciplines include, but not limited to biological science, human biology, animal biology, microbiology, biochemistry and environmental sciences.
- Capacity to teach 180 students in one session, with smaller labs available for postgraduate teaching and project work.
- 4 labs fully equipped with benchtop computers, with the 5th lab planned for 2019/2020.
- Facilities for work with open source radioisotopes (Biochemistry and Human Biology courses)
- 3D printer available for project work and to provide supporting teaching materials/aids
- Two large tissue culture cabinets.
- Well-equipped laboratories with an array of sophisticated scientific equipment including Muse cell analysers, gel documentation machines, Leica compound and dissecting microscopes, lamina flow cabinets and many more.
- Long-standing collaborations with other departments including the glasshouse facility in the School of Bioscience
360 view of CTL Biolabs Laboratory N201