College of Arts and Law Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, African Studies, Antiquity, Archaeology, Classics and Ancient History, Drama and Theatre Arts, English Language and Linguistics, English Literature, Film and Creative Writing, Heritage, History, History of Art, Modern Languages and Cultures, Music, Philosophy, Theology and Religion
- Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/04/2024
As part of our work to make the College of Arts and Law more accessible to students from all backgrounds, we are thrilled to be able to award 10 scholarships in the form of £3,000 for year one entry only toward your tuition fee payments for students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme starting September 2024. Eligible programmes must sit within the following Schools based in the College of Arts and Law:
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2024/25 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarships are valued at £3000 for one year entry only towards tuition fee payments. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
To be eligible for the College of Arts and Law Scholarships, candidates must:
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have applied for, and received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice in UCAS for a full-time undergraduate programme in the College of Arts and Law (excluding Law) starting September 2024 . You must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham's UK campus.
- Not already be registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK.
- Be self-funding and have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham for a programme within the College of Arts and Law (excluding Law) by the deadline; 30 June 2024.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- £3,000 for year one only will be awarded to successful applicants. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
- Scholarships are available to all privately funded international students categorised as overseas for fees purposes.
- Scholarships are only available for students beginning their programme in September 2024 and cannot be deferred.
- Students in receipt of support from other funding bodies which wholly cover their tuition are not eligible.
- Decisions will be announced by late July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2024.
- Candidates must have submitted the scholarship application form by 30 April 2023 (23:59 UK time) to be considered for the award.
- In accepting and securing this scholarship, awardees are expected to support the University, to a reasonable extent, by providing profiles testimonials and engaging in ambassadorial activities if requested by the University.
How to Apply
To be considered for an award, applicants must, by the 30 April 2024 23:59 (UK Time) deadline, have done both of the following:
College of Arts and Law Undergraduate Admissions