If you have joined one of our campus-based Presessional English courses, you may choose to live in University managed accommodation, in a privately owned student hall of residence, or in rented accommodation in the local area. 

Finding accommodation

Before you leave for the UK, make sure you have your accommodation arranged. The University of Birmingham has a range of student accommodation and also partners with Private providers to offer living spaces to suit different budgets and preferences. This includes shared flats and single occupancy studio apartments. Much of the accommodation is within walking distance from the University campus or on local transport routes. 

Find more information on student accommodation

Moving into your accommodation

When you have had accommodation confirmed, carry the full address of the accommodation with you when you travel and make sure that the owner of the accommodation or the University Accommodation Services know when you will be arriving, so that your room can be ready for you to move in.

Moving into your student accommodation