Visa information


Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

If you have accepted your offer and have met all the conditions, your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number will be sent to you by the University Admissions department. You will receive this in an e-mail, which will be sent to the e-mail address you provided when you applied. 

If you applied through an educational agent, they may have created an email address for you, or used their own in your application. Please ask your agent to always forward any emails from the University on to you. Please also check your spam or junk folder, in case University emails are automatically filtered out by your provider.

Collecting your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP card)

Biometric Residence Permits or BRPs are secure ID cards which contain personal details and biometric information for those who have applied for permission to come to the UK for more than 6 months.

Your BRP card can be picked up from campus. You will need to make an appointment to collect your card.

Find out more about BRP cards

My Right to Study

If you require a visa or immigration permissions to be in the UK, you must demonstrate to us that you have the right to study in the UK and at the University of Birmingham before you can start your course.

Find out more about My Right to Study

Student Visas - Where to go for information and advice

The University’s International Student Team (IST) provides information and advice on immigration, visas and how to adapt to life at the University. The IST will also provide advice and support throughout your Presessional English course, if you need to apply to extend your visa before starting your degree programme. Make sure you look out for any emails from the IST and read them carefully.

Visit International Student Team