Although this might be your first time living away from home in a different country, you’ll soon feel at home with our range of safe, welcoming student housing. This means you can waste no time starting your adventure, making new friends and exploring your new world.
If you’re are a Study Abroad or an International Exchange Programme student from outside of Europe, the University is able to guarantee your housing in one of the many “villages” across campus. For those travelling from inside Europe, try to apply as early as possible, but if you’re unable to get a place in university housing, there’s plenty to choose from in the private sector. It’s worth considering that housing is easier to secure if you are staying for either the spring and summer term or the full academic year.
University housing options to choose from:
- A single study bedroom in a flat with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities
- En-suite accommodation with shared kitchen facilities
- Studios and apartments where you have exclusive use of a kitchen and bathroom
Benefits of University housing:
- Choose from self-caterd accommodation where you can cook your own meals
- Select the flexible Student Living Plus option where you can eat at any of 22 locations across the Campus
- Access to Wi-Fi is standard throughout all accommodation
- Utility bulls, basic content insurance, 24 hour customer service as well as access to the Studenty Mentor Scheme and the Residents' Association is all included
Further information about the different types of University housing can be found on our accommodation pages.
How to apply
Our Accommodation Services will manage your application directly. You can apply online here once you have received your student ID number, which is issued in the formal offer letter.
Private housing options
Some Study Abroad students live in private housing during their stay in Birmingham. The Guild of Students has its own lettings service that can help you find quality housing in the private sector. Guild Lettings do not charge any fees to students and only work with accredited landlords. Visit the Guild Lettings website for more information.
We also host StudentPad, the University’s official property search engine to provide you with a list of properties available for rent.