Is the scheme right for you?
There is no ‘typical’ graduate trainee on our scheme. Our trainees have a wide range of backgrounds and experiences and are graduates from all disciplines, from history to physics, modern languages to mathematics.
What we're looking for
We are looking for future leaders and our ideal candidates are intelligent, inquisitive graduates who are passionate about, not only the ideals of the University, but also about the city and the wider region.
Alongside this you should have:
- At least a 2.1 in a first degree in any subject in the past three years,
or a post graduate qualification completed in the same period;
- An interest in, and understanding of, Higher Education issues;
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility, and a self-motivating approach;
- The ability to form effective working relationships with a diverse range of colleagues;
- The ability to think analytically, to apply skills and knowledge in new contexts, and to problem solve by thinking beyond traditional solutions;
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and presentation skills as well as excellent writing skills;
- Resilience and adaptability to work effectively in new environments;
- Good IT skills;
- Good standard of numeracy;
- A willingness to learn and embrace opportunities.
Why choose this scheme?
The University is an innovative and inclusive environment in which to build a career.
If you are interested in what you’ve read and think that the scheme is right for you, then we would love to hear from you.