Our staff can expect a variety of great benefits when they work here
The University is a family friendly employer focused on supporting our staff to develop and grow their career with us.
Pay, pensions, and holidays
Our main campus is easy to travel to - It has it's own 'University' train station and is on many main bus routes. In addition, we also provide travel schemes to help our staff with the commute.
- Save with our salary sacrifice public transport season tickets
- Discounted electric car leasing
- Save on new bikes with our sustainable cycle to work scheme
- Flexible parking payment options
In addition to your roles professional training, the University provides a wide range of in-house training courses (available in person and online) and initiatives to support development and growth for all of our staff:
- Academic Development Programme for new Assistant Professors.
- Support for Research, Management and Leadership development.
- Courses and programmes created by our People and Organisational Development (POD) Team.
- Free LinkedIn Learning membership.
- Perks at Work online academy membership.
- Coaching and Mentoring schemes.
- Early Careers Academy and networks groups.
- Staff supported Networking schemes (including parents and carers, race equality, and our rainbow network).
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity we want to help staff with families and caring responsibilities balance their work and home life.
- Salary sacrifice child care vouchers.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- 3 on site award winning day care nurseries with discounted rates for staff.
- Family friendly flexible working and hybrid working where possible.
Health and wellbeing
Take advantage of a number of offers and schemes designed to support your health and wellbeing:
- Private dental and health insurance options.
- Discount gym memberships.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to help you deal with personal and professional challenges.
- Take one day a year to volunteer as part of our Birmingham in Action initiative.
- Support the causes and charities of your choice through payroll charitable giving.
Discounts and special offers
As a member of staff you'll be eligible for exclusive special offers and discounts:
- Computer equipment.
- Grocery shopping.
- Utility bills.
- Free courses for children through Perks at Work.
- ...and much, much more.
Some roles may be eligible for our concierge service to help you relocate.