Gateway internships and work experience opportunities are designed to support students from certain priority groups; so only students who consider themselves part of the following categories may apply:
- In receipt of a standard or alternative A2B (Access to Birmingham) offer
- Registered as disabled / in receipt of Disability Student Allowance
- A care leaver
- First generation of the family into higher education
- From a lower income background i.e. in receipt of a grant or scholarship
- A lone parent (you are a single parent of one or more children)
- From an ethnic minority
Gateway internships are listed below in the ‘opportunities’ section alongside other programmes for students and graduates from diverse backgrounds.
There are currently no gatewaty opportunities.
The Gateway bursary provides financial support to students at the University of Birmingham undertaking internships or work experience relevant to their future career. The aim of the bursary is to assist students in improving their personal and professional development by allowing them to take up critical experiences they may otherwise not be able to afford.
BAME Careers Showcase - see a review of the event on Page 19 of this article:
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily and Dyslexia - read the MyPlus blog
BAME Case Studies - read case studies from University of Birmingham BAME alumni
A2B and AEP alumni - read case studies from Simrita and Emma