Science 2 Industry’s purpose is to solve technical challenges for businesses based in the Midlands. Funded by Bridging for Innovators, S2I is a new and innovative programme on a mission to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) access world-class science and hi-tech expertise to overcome product, process or R&D based technical challenges.
We are keen to learn about the technical challenges faced by industry across all sectors, and how our combined expertise can help provide a possible solution. By raising awareness and applying the scientific and technological know-how, S2I aims to drive innovation and productivity within your business. We are keen to support businesses across the Midlands region.
S2I has a track record of working with SMEs to engage with leading scientists quickly to identify solutions. S2I works across all industrial sectors including but not limited to: Engineering and Manufacturing, Business, Professional and Financial services, Health and Life Sciences, Education, Transport and Logistics.
Bringing science to industry. Whilst today’s highly advanced scientific and technical landscape might seem daunting, its correct application becomes highly relevant in assisting industry to innovate, challenge, change, and push boundaries.
Together with 2000 scientists, technologists and engineers you’ll have access to some of the most advanced equipment and expertise in the world, including:
- AI and Data Analytics
- Advanced Imaging and Characterisation
- Space and micro-electronics expertise
- Cyber Security
- World-leading lasers
- Ebeam technologies
- 3D printing
- Advanced and precision engineering
What does S2I offer an SME?
- A unique pathway to access some of the most cutting-edge science and tech facilities the UK can offer
- The programme also supports access to a community of over 2000 scientists, technologists and engineers read and waiting to solve your technical problems, offer comprehensive diagnostics and excellent advice
- Access to grants for technical problem solving
- We will work closely with you to understand your technical problem and the impact it has on your business
- We will match you to an appropriate facility to achieve the desired outcome and offer hands-on support for the application process
- We will offer useful advice to maximise business growth
- We offer support to SMEs across all sectors including: advanced manufacturing and engineering, agriculture, food and drink, professional business and finance, construction, digital economy, life sciences and medical technologies.
An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Data Science and Engineering
Airbus Case Study - Developing visualisation and AI tools for engineering production
GlaxoSmithKline Case Study - Advancing disease mapping techniques
AstraZeneca Case Study - Optimising drug discovery
Bolt manufacturing with Rolls Royce
Cargo Screening with Rapiscan
Screening Process of new drugs with Diamond Light Source
S2I and the Hartree Centre - Prospectus
Undergraduate in Computer Science - Prospectus
Our partners and the cutting-edge capabilities they have to offer:
STFC is the Government's science and technology agency and has had a hand in creating the web, touch screen technology and discovering DNA to name just a few of their ground-breaking discoveries. STFC are opening their facilities and capabilities to SMEs to help tackle product, process and R&D based challenges. Capabilities include:
The MTC provides a high quality environment for the development and demonstration of new technologies on an industrial scale, providing a unique opportunity for manufacturers to develop new and innovative processes and technologies in a low risk environment. Areas of expertise include:
For further information on how S2I can help overcome challenges within your business please get in touch at: email@example.com.