Such insights are key to advancing your career, be that into a senior government role, an existing public sector position, or an entirely new career direction.
By exploring the concepts and the changing nature of leadership in the public sector, the course will help you develop effective, individual leadership skills, which you can apply in your career from day one.
Once you have finished the 8-week course, you will be awarded an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Why study this course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key theoretical frameworks of leadership
- Analyse the role of leadership and hone your own leadership skills
- Manage change and lead teams to deliver organisational goals
- Apply a range of leadership theories and techniques to improve outcomes
- Gain the critical analysis skills to support creative thinking
- Lead transformational development and forge better organisational leadership
Ready to apply? Request more information and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the application process with you.
The cost to study this online course is £1,250*. This must be paid in full by card before enrolling.
The programme fee includes access to the online learning platform, course materials and digital reading materials. The fee does not include any personal expenses for new technical equipment or office supplies.
If, after completing the course, you wish to transfer to the full Online MPA programme, please speak to your Student Services Co-ordinator. You will need to re-submit an application.
* Prices are subject to change each academic year.
How to apply
To be eligible to apply for a short course, you will need to have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution. Professional applications may also be considered. Please speak to a Recruitment Co-ordinator to discuss your eligibility.
- Complete an application form online.
- Supply an up-to-date CV and any other supporting documents demonstrating your academic and work experience, plus any other skills that may support your application. These will help us to ensure you have the right experience for the course.
- Submit your most recent degree certificate from your previous institution, so we can verify your education.
- Supply an up-to-date English language certificate if English is not your first language. We accept up-to-date IELTS certificates with a score of 6.5, and no less than 6.0 in any of the elements.