This short course aims to develop the student’s knowledge and skills in relation to the physical health assessment of patients specific to the student’s specialist area of clinical practice. At the end of the course, the student will have advanced their practice in performing a problem-focused, age appropriate health assessment.
Over 1 semester – you will attend university twice a month.
Method of teaching
The module will combine lectures, workshops, seminars, and e-learning and Kura cloud) based on clinical practice that is designed in a way to enhance application of learning to the clinical environment.
On completion, students should be able to
- Perform a comprehensive problem-focused age appropriate health assessment (OSCE/Simulation).
- Demonstrate knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology of the common disorders or diseases associated with their specialist area of practice (OSCE).
- Demonstrate knowledge of pharmacological interventions and an ability to conduct an appropriate medication assessment (OSCE/Simulation).
- Demonstrate ability to competently produce high quality clinical records reflecting critical thinking and decision making (Clinical component).
- Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE) (100%) - Pass/Fail.
- Clinical component of 37 hours to be signed-off by Medical Practitioner (Pass/Fail).
- Advanced Physical Health Assessment is a core module on MSc Advanced Clinical Practice and can be counted at a later date.
- It can also be taken as CPD with no academic accreditation, in which case a ‘certificate of attendance’ will be provided.
Professional qualification in healthcare.
Please contact the Programme Administrator for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org