Postgraduate study at the University of Birmingham is a chance to learn from world leaders in their fields. This guarantees you a first-class learning experience, leading to a qualification that is respected the world over, making you an attractive prospect in a very competitive job market. We offer a stimulating, thriving research environment, and offer a warm welcome to postgraduate students seeking to contribute to our work.
Our portfolio of programmes in Civil Engineering combines taught programmes, combined research and taught programmes, and doctoral research programmes.
Why choose Birmingham?
- Discover how civil engineering, in all its aspects, is a cornerstone of both the development and sustainability of civilisations
- Benefit from our broad range of academic staff and research skills, giving you the opportunity to study subjects that lie between the traditional disciplines or which focus in depth on a particular field
- Research at Birmingham places a strong emphasis on tackling the problems faced by society today, and many of our projects have already made a significant impact on society
- The School has a long tradition of distinguished research that benefits from being funded by industry, charities and research councils, encouraging innovative thinking and creating internationally recognised results
- Alumni from our MSc programmes are found in nearly every country around the world, and we are held in high regard by the engineering community
- All our Masters programmes are recognised or accredited by The Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation, and the Institute of Highway Engineers (see www.jbm.org.uk)