The course consists of 180 credits. As well as your core modules, you will choose two optional modules. The mixture of core computing modules and a range of flexible options reflecting your interests and first degree provide a solid foundation for a career in computing or for further study.
- MSc Software Workshop - 40 credits
- Fundamentals Data Structures - 10 credits
- Fundamentals Databases - 10 credits
- Fundamentals Intro to Computer Science - 10 credits
- Introduction to Human Computer Interaction - 10 credits
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence - 10 credits
- Operating Systems and Networks - 10 credits
- Research Project - 60 credits
20 credits must be chosen, example of optional modules are listed below:
- Fundamentals Software Engineering - 10 credits
- Software Engineering 1 (extended)- 10 credits
- Software Engineering 2 (extended) - 10 credits
- Cryptography - 10 credits
- Evaluation Methods and Statistics - 10 credits
- Intelligent Data Analysis (Extended) - 10 credits
- Introduction to Neural Computation - 10 credits
- Machine Learning (Extended) - 10 credits
- Nature Inspired Search and Optimisation - 10 credits
For further information, including any pre-requisite knowledge, please visit the Computer Science website.
Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods.