Unless indicated otherwise the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2023.
You will study three modules each worth 20 credits.
- Understanding literacy difficulties
- Intervention and curriculum management for specific learning difficulties
- Discussing Dyslexia
For those who choose the AMBDA option, you will study an additional module worth 20 credits.
4. Identification and assessment of specific learning Difficulties (SpLD)/Dyslexia
Please see the note about test access in the ‘Assessment’ section below.
- Modules 1 and 3 are assessed through an assignment.
- Modules 2 is assessed through the submission of a practical portfolio. This includes recordings of teaching and associated plans, evaluations, and reflections.
- Module 4 is assessed through the submission of practical portfolio. This includes quizzes, recordings of an assessment and the submission of assessment reports.
Please note: If you choose the AMBDA option and continue to study module 4, you will need access to a range of tests used in the identification of dyslexia. You will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing these tests (or diagnostic assessments). The University is unable to provide these.
Previous students have:
- Been supported by their institution who have purchased/hold these tests.
- Purchased these tests for their own use at a cost of approximately £2000.