This module will develop your ability to develop a focused research question, gain a basic understanding of qualitative and quantitative research paradigms and methods, and be able to undertake an in-depth, systematic appraisal of evidence.
By the end of the module you will be able to:
- Have a good understanding of use and application of evidence in healthcare
- Articulate a broad range of research paradigms and methodology relevant to healthcare
- Systematically identify, select and evaluate research methods and interpretation of research findings
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the concepts and tools related to EBP, including types and levels of evidence, methods of critical appraisal and use of electronic databases to access and review evidence.
- Thursday 20 October 2022
- Thursday 27 October 2022
- Thursday 3 November 2022
- Thursday 10 November 2022
- Thursday 17 November 2022
- Thursday 24 November 2022
One 3,500-word essay
Academics involved in the delivery of this module
Stand Alone Course
This module can also be taken as a stand-alone course and to apply, you will need to evidence your ability to study at Masters level. The fee for 2022/23 is £1,090.
For applications, please contact the Postgraduate Administrator:
+44 (0)121 414 6014