Undertaking a Masters will require an investment of both time and money. To support this investment, various funding sources are available, suitable to the different needs of postgraduates.
Below you will find further information on private student loans, tailored to postgraduate study. We do not specifically recommend or endorse these products — the content below has been provided by the relevant funding provider and is not independently verified by the University.
You should consider sources and types of funding carefully and ensure that it meets your precise needs, as not all funding is appropriate for all students.
Who provides private postgraduate student loans?
Lendwise is a specialist loan provider dedicated to education finance for UK residents who are looking to fund their postgraduate, professional qualifications or short courses at leading UK universities.
Key features of a Lendwise Loan:
- Available to all UK-resident students
- Fixed interest rates, personalised to your profile
- All courses are eligible (full time and part time)
- Up to six months grace period before repayments start
- No repayments while in full-time study
- No early repayment penalties
- Apply online (no documents required at application stage)
Please note any loan funds requested for tuition will be released directly to the University of Birmingham to be applied towards your tuition, and loans for living costs will be paid directly to you.
Apply to Lendwise
Future Finance offers private student loans to help you fund your education.
About Future Finance loans:
- Loans are offered up to £60,000 to cover tuition and cost of living
- Loans are offered to UK, EU and even international students with a UK domiciled address.
- Loans are available to students studying at an undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Loans are offered based on future potential earnings
- Reduced in-study payments can help build credit history
- Reduced repayments are available for up to 3 months after graduation
- No fees for early repayment
How to Apply
Students can submit an application online up to six months prior to course start. Visit the Future Finance website to see if you are eligible.
University of Birmingham will be required to verify your attendance on the course before any funding is released; this will be completed after you have attended registration at The University of Birmingham.
Any loan funds requested for tuition will be released directly to The University of Birmingham to be applied towards your tuition and loans for living costs will be paid directly to you.
Apply to Future Finance
The University of Birmingham does not specifically endorse or recommend any lender or product mentioned on this page. You should check the third-party websites for the most detailed and up-to-date information and always ensure that a particular loan product is suitable for you, seeking independent professional advice if needed.