Our teaching programmes support education practitioners to develop excellent practice grounded in theory and research, informed by experiential knowledge, and motivated by personal values, commitment to improving the lives of autistic people and ethical conduct.
Download information on all the postgraduate study programmes in the School of Education (PDF)
ACER has three specific taught courses associated with it.
- Autism (Adults) MEd/BPhil/Postgraduate Diploma/ Postgraduate Certificate/Advanced Certificate
- Autism (Children) MEd/BPhil/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate/Advanced Certificate
- Autism Spectrum (Webautism) University Certificate
You may also study for a research degree focussing on autism.
ACER has a vibrant body of doctoral students. Many of our students engage in research and teaching in ACER. In the last three years, 14 students have completed their doctoral studies with staff in ACER. Past and current PhD students associated with ACER have gone on to work full-time in Higher Education after completing their PhDs.
- Melvin Attard Exploring the issues in developing awareness training about autism for paediatricians, mainstream secondary school teachers and police officers in Malta
- Yanika Attard What are the views of able young people with autism, their parents and professionals on what needs to be taught in life skills curriculum, and what are the promoters and barriers to achieving such skills?
- Alexia Achtypi How can iPad applications be effectively used to support the social communication and emotional regulation of primary school-age children with autism?
- Marianthi Kourti Autism and Gender: How autistic individuals form a gender identity
- Lynda Smith What do family narratives reveal about how families sustain caring for children with autism at home?
- Aikaterini Tavoulari Similarities in Stereotyped Behaviour in Autism Spectrum and Blindness: Perceptions of parents, professionals, children on the autism spectrum and individuals with visual impairment.
Please view the Postgraduate Research pages for more information on applying for a PhD.