Conference 'The World Inside the Brain: Internal Predictive Models in Humans and Robots'
- Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Registration is now open for a conference that will present research focusing on internal models across various fields such as psychophysics, neuroscience, and cognitive robotics. This event is jointly organised by postgraduate researchers from the School of Psychology and School of Computer Science of the University of Birmingham, and in association with the Centre for Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Robotics. The conference will also feature speakers from outside of Birmingham.
There will be a meeting on the preceding day, Thursday, May 23rd 2013, where there will be internal speakers from CNCR. On both days, there will be an opportunity for poster presentations and we therefore encourage postgraduate students to submit an abstract before the registration deadline of Friday, May 17th 2013. Registration is free but places are limited, so we encourage you to register early. Online registration is now available below.
The schedule of talks will be available here soon.
- Dr Alexandre Bernardino (Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Dr James Kilner (The Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging, University College London, UK)
- Prof Jan Peters (Technische Universitaet Darmstadt, Germany)
- Prof Stephen Scott (Queen’s University, Canada)
- Prof Daniel Wolpert (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Prof Vincent Hayward (Institut des Systemes Intelligents et de Robotique, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France)
- Dicle Dövencioğlu, Giacomo Mazzilli, Aidan Murphy, and Claudio Zito
- College of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham
- Guarantors of Brain, Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London
Dicle Dövencioğlu - D.N.Dovencioglu@bham.ac.uk
Sportex lecture theater 2, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT. (Building Y14, Yellow Zone on the Edgbaston Campus Map - PDF 1.81MB)