We are one of the largest research groups in the world to focus on the logical and mathmatical foundations of computer science. Much of our work makes use of techniques such as category theory, type theory, topology, domain theory, and game semantics, which we apply to deep and conceptual questions in a broad range of areas.
These are some of our current research programmes, with a list of the main group members leading each activity:
- Programming languages. Dan Ghica, Achim Jung, Paul Levy, Vincent Rahli, Uday Reddy
- Verification and model checking. Dave Parker, Vincent Rahli, Eike Ritter
- Higher category theory. Benedikt Ahrens, Martin Escardo
- Homotopy type theory and constructive mathematics. Benedikt Ahrens, Martin Escardo, Steve Vickers
- String diagrams and graphical calculi. Miriam Backens, Dan Ghica
- Proof assistants. Benedikt Ahrens, Martin Escardo, Dan Ghica, Vincent Rahli
- Topology and domain theory. Martin Escardo, Achim Jung, Steve Vickers
- Game semantics. Dan Ghica, Paul Levy
- Proof theory and Logic. Anupam Das, Achim Jung, Uday Reddy
- Quantum computation. Miriam Backens
- Philosophy of computation. Anupam Das, Achim Jung and Aaron Sloman
- Algorithms and complexity. Miriam Backens, Rajesh Chitnis and Anupam Das.