IAS workshops are typically one day in length and topics should be cross-disciplinary, bringing together expertise from across the breadth of our University.
Below are details of our upcoming workshops which aim to explore cutting-edge issues in research through cross-departmental collaboration.
If you are interested in attending any of the below events, please contact email@example.com.
More information on proposing an IAS workshop can be found at Propose an IAS Workshop.
- Monday 23rd September 2019
- MacNeice Room Edgbaston Park Hotel
- Academics from across disciplines discuss the impact of displacement, challenges of urban life on mental health, capabilities of the State and NGOs in providing mental health support and how improvements can be developed
- Wednesday 20th November 2019
- Edgbaston Park Hotel, The Composers Suite
- With IAS Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Professor Edward Fisher New York University, this workshop aims to explore developing novel therapeutic strategies to target macrophages in a range of pathological conditions.
- Sunday 15th - Monday 16th December 2019
- Doha Qatar, The College of Law at Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- This co-funded workshop with Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), aims to strengthen dialogue, knowledge exchange and institutional collaboration between WEF Nexus researchers in Qatar and the University of Birmingham.