Working with Human Biomaterial in a UoB Laboratory
- Friday 6 November 2020 (10:00-11:30)
Registration closed. Turn on RSS/Atom Feed to receive updates on future events (see below for details).
Aims and Objectives:
This training session will provide:
- An introduction to the Human Tissue Act
- An overview of the UoB Clinical Research in the Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) applicable to working with human biomaterial
- Details of the required laboratory and sample management processes
This training session is applicable to staff who are working on clinical studies which involve the handling, processing, receipt, storage and/or analysis of human tissue that is defined as ‘Relevant Material’ by the Human Tissue Act.
Why this course:
This training session will cover the content of the relevant SOPs in detail to provide researchers with the tools they need to work to the Human Tissue Standard in the laboratory.
- "A really helpful and clearly presented session"
- "The course is very well structured and helpful. In particular, I found it very well explained the meaning of relevant material, the law that regulates it and its full pathway: from consent to storage"
Stay up to date!
Get automatic updates on new events released, as well as changes to existing events by using the RSS Feed or Atom Feed (see links for instructions). For example, Microsoft Outlook can be used as a RSS reader to enable you to receive notifications about our events.