The MDS Research Support & Development Team provides strategic input and support for research funding applications, and includes a growing team of specialised administrative and research management staff.
The team can support your application by
- Providing assistance with funding bids by liaising with applicants, academics and central University Departments to develop scientifically and financially robust applications.
- Supporting staff through University and Funder approval and submissions processes/systems.
- Providing post-award support in areas such as contracts, ethics, sponsorship etc.
- Compiling and distribute information on upcoming funding opportunities.
- Offering information on working with the NHS.
- Arranging seminars and workshops on topics such as open access, impact, fellowships, and grant writing.
In the last academic year, the Research Development Team has supported academics in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences in securing over £80 million in funding from various funding bodies including Medical Research Council (MRC), Cancer Research UK (CRUK), Wellcome Trust, British Heart Foundation (BHF), Bloodwise, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), and Versus Arthritis (formerly Arthritis Research UK), plus multiple industry partners across a variety of sectors.
This funding supports all types of research from basic science and proof of concept to clinical trials and translational research through to clinical and commercial deployment.
For general enquiries to the MDS Research Development Support Team, please contact
E: email@example.com T: +44 (0)121 414 8504
Or follow us on Twitter (@uob_mdsrkto)