Our trials unit's data protection page explains how health researchers use information from patients. If you are asked to take part in research, you can ask what will happen in the study.

If you have further questions about your data in this study, please contact the trial team.

Who can I contact if I have a complaint?

If you want to complain about how researchers have handled your information, you should contact the research team. If you are not happy after that, you can contact the Data Protection Officer. The research team can give you details of the right Data Protection Officer.

If you are not happy with their response or believe they are processing your data in a way that is not right or lawful, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (  or 0303 123 1113).