The ABA-feed trial aims to recruit up to 2730 women over a period of 1 year from NHS Trusts across the UK.
The trial is collaboration between the Universities of Birmingham, Bristol, Stirling, Central Lancashire and Cardiff.
There will be 10-15 participating sites across the UK; each site is an English local authority area or NHS health board (Wales & Scotland). Within these areas NHS 'recruiting centres' will recruit participants who attend antenatal/ultrasound appointments. Social media & a dedicated public engagement website will also be optimised to recruit participants.
Recruiting Trusts within Study Site
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust (Leighton Hospital)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust (Macclesfield Hospital)
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
- University Hospitals Plymouth
- Powys teaching Health Board
- Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Swansea Bay University Health Board
- Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
The trial is currently open to recruitment. We have now 11 Trust recruiting participants into the ABA-FEED study.