Industrial Strategy Council: Understanding the policy-making processes behind local growth strategies in England: Live webinar
- Friday 17 July 2020 (12:00-13:30)
The Industrial Strategy Council and City-REDI at the University of Birmingham are co-hosting a webinar to discuss Council’s newest publication - “Understanding the policy-making processes behind local growth strategies in England”. We will discuss key findings from the research report and debate its implications for the post-COVID-19 economic recovery, and the future of local economic policy.
The Industrial Strategy Council is an independent advisory group that is tasked with measuring progress in delivering the aims of the UK Industrial Strategy. Together with experts from City-REDI, the LEP Network and the North East LEP we will be discussing our newest publication and its implications for the economic recovery.
- Insight into the conclusions of the latest Industrial Strategy Council report and its implications for practice
- Opportunity to better understand how regional policy can be improved to support recovery from COVID-19.
- Hear experts debate the future of LEPs and local economic policy.
Ask some of UK’s top academics and practitioners questions about their views on local economic policy.
Hear a discussion of the key findings from the report and debate on its implications with:
- Andy Haldane (Industrial Strategy Council, Chair)
- Kate Barker (Industrial Strategy Council, Places Steering Group)
- Christine Gaskell (Industrial Strategy Council, Places Steering Group)
- Mark Bretton (LEP Network, Chair)
- Andrew Hodgson (North East LEP, Chair)
- Rebecca Riley (City-REDI, Director)
There will be an opportunity for attendees to ask questions to the panel.