The purpose of the Friends is to build links between the Centre and others with a strong interest in the history of the region or relevant professional expertise.
To find out more about the activities of the Friends, see the newsletters available on the News page, or subscribe to our mailing list.
Members of the Friends are involved in the work of the Centre and the promotion of regional and local history, including:
- participation in a network of researchers, scholars and enthusiasts through this website and a newsletter
- publicising research and publications
- discounted attendance at the annual conferences of the Centre for Birmingham and Midlands History
- social events, lectures, research seminars and visits to places of interest including archives and museums
- volunteering opportunities (with benefits), such as assisting with mailshots or helping with the administration of day schools in return for free attendance at these events
Dr Caroline Archer, Dr Sally Baggott, Roger Bruton, Malcolm Dick (chair), Paul Finegan, Sally Hoban, Christine Mann, Sue Thomas, Sue Tungate, Connie Wan, Elaine Williams