Birmingham Policy Commission: The Security Impact of Drones
- Leaving aside the requirement to comply with national and international law, what do you consider to be the main ethical questions to be taken into account in framing UK policy towards the future use of RPAS’s for (a) observation and surveillance and (b) for the delivery of lethal effect?
- To what degree, if any, do these uses of RPAS introduce additional or different ethical considerations than exist for manned aircraft, cruise missiles, long range artillery or the use of special forces?
- How should ethical considerations influence the education, training and selection of those who will operate RPAS?
- How far do additional ethical considerations arise with fully autonomous systems?
- What are the ethical implications of using RPAS at distance and with superior force?
Click here to see the full list of consultation questions
Please send any evidence that you would like to submit to Ms Lindsay Murch: email@example.com