Creating new sustainable business models
- Birmingham Business School, Room 106 University House
- Tuesday 12 December 2017 (10:30-14:30)
This workshop will be hosted by the Lloyds Banking Group Centre for Responsible Business and includes a working lunch.
This workshop draws on the Global Challenge Research Call on ‘New Models of Sustainable Development’, which looks to fund new interdisciplinary and innovative research that helps us to understand how new models of economic development can address the development challenges reflected in the UN's Agenda 2030 and meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In particular, what new business models are emerging that we can learn from, and is there the potential to transfer and apply successful initiatives or reforms to different contexts or environments.
- An interdisciplinary understanding of the challenges
- Potential solutions to creating new sustainable business models
- How the SDGs could be integrated into a sustainable business model
- Innovative approaches to researching into this area
This work will feed into a possible Grant Submission for this, or subsequent, Global Challenge Research Bids as well as the Centre's research programme.