We are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive and safe community for all. We expect co-operation and support from all staff, students and visitors to help ensure a harassment-free environment where everyone is treated with courtesy, respect and dignity.
Examples of harassment include, but are not limited to:
- offensive or belittling comments related to age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status;
- inappropriate language (this does not need to be aimed directly at an individual(s) for it to contravene the code);
- deliberate intimidation;
- harassing photography or recording;
- inappropriate physical contact;
- unwelcome sexual or other forms of attention.
Such behaviours are not welcome in the School of Mathematics and will not be tolerated.
We also reject complicity that knowingly promotes, encourages, or protects discrimination or unprofessional behaviour on the part of others.
Should anyone experience or witness behaviour contravening the School of Mathematics’ Code of Conduct, please intervene where you feel comfortable doing so. We strongly urge you to report this behaviour via the link below:
NeverOK! School of Mathematics anonymous reporting form