HSMC organises its work in a series of work streams, each of which incorporates research, evaluation, teaching and learning and policy advice.
HSMC is renowned for producing high quality and high impact inter-disciplinary research in health policy and management, and related fields. Our research focusses on issues and problems facing health and care systems nationally and internationally. As a research-driven department we add value to these issues through the application of theory and high quality empirical research, as well as through our various dissemination activities.
Within HSMC we have a team of dedicated and internationally renowned researchers and information specialists, as well as dedicated professional research support. We also work closely with partners across the School of Social Policy, the wider College of Social Sciences and the College of Medical and Dental Sciences.
HSMC's research is organised around six broad themes:
Each research theme has a nominated convenor whose role is to:
- Act as the first point of contact for outside agencies wishing to engage HSMC in work in that area of work
- Ensure that colleagues are fully up to date with developments (policy, practice and theory) in that area
- Offer support and advice to colleagues undertaking projects in the area
- Create and sustain key networks in the area
- Identify and pursue opportunities for teaching, research and development
- Review the range of activity in that area with the Director and programme personnel on an annual basis
For more information on our research, contact:
Find out about our HSMC academics tweeters.