At Birmingham, sport is for all - from world class athlete to general fitness. The power of sport to motivate and inspire goes so much further than sporting ability. From keeping fit and leading healthy balanced lifestyles to learning a new activity, you will never have a better opportunity to get involved, have fun and make new friends.
New Sports Centre
Our new, state-of-the-art sports centre which will encompass a unique raft of facilities, including Birmingham’s only 50m swimming pool, as well as a large multi-sport hall, a range of activity and fitness studios, a very extensive gym, six glass-backed squash courts and various other facilities.
University of Birmingham Sport offers a huge variety of scope for taking part in physical activity. We offer a wide range of services to enable you to reach your fitness and health goals, no matter how big or small:
- Active Lifestyle, the most comprehensive fitness class schedule of it's kind
- Try Sport, 10 week coached beginner and improver sports courses
- Intra-league, competitive team fun without the commitment of regular training
- Thrive, (Health & Fitness Services) provide help and tailored advice on your fitness goals
- JustPlay, book courts and pitches online for your choice of sport
- Outdoor pursuits weekendsat our very own outdoor pursuits centre in the Lake District
- PasSPORT, give something back to the sport you love by volunteering
- Sports Centre membership, your choice of gym, swim and squash membership
Find out more about taking part
Whether you're a beginner or an elite athlete, have been competing in your chosen sport for years or want to try something completely new then one (or more!) of our 52 clubs will be right for you. From American Football to Windsurfing, University of Birmingham Sport offers an unparalleled range of sporting opportunities in which you can get involved.
Check out the range of sports clubs
University of Birmingham Sport enjoys some of the best sports facilities of any redbrick University in the country. The Munrow Sports Centre at the University’s main Edgbaston Campus is the hub of UBSport, where many facilities are based and where you can find out how to get involved.
See our sports facilities
Hi Performance Centre
The Hi Performance Centre (HPC) at the University of Birmingham is a world class applied sports science and sports medicine support unit. Young or old, morning jogger or professional athlete, you can access experts at the forefront of their fields.
See the Hi Performance Centre