There is no ‘typical’ graduate trainee on our scheme. Our trainees have a wide range of backgrounds and experiences and are graduates from all disciplines, from history to physics, modern languages to mathematics.
We are looking for future leaders and our ideal candidates are intelligent, inquisitive graduates who are passionate about, not only the ideals of the University, but also about the city and the wider region.
Alongside this you should have:
- at least a 2.1 in a first degree in any subject or a 2.1 in a first degree and a postgraduate qualification in the past three years;
- a high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and a self-motivating approach;
- good team working skills;
- ability to think analytically, to apply skills and knowledge in new contexts, and to problem solve by thinking beyond traditional solutions
- ability to communicate clearly and effectively along with excellent writing skills
- resilience and adaptability to work effectively in new environments and with a diverse range of people at different levels of the organisation.
The University is an innovative and inclusive environment in which to build a career. If you are interested in what you’ve read and think that the scheme is right for you, then we would love to hear from you. Find out more about how to apply.
Please note: To apply for the scheme you must be eligible to work in the UK.