Part of finding your independence is learning to fend for yourself and student food isn’t just takeaway pizza after a night out (though we’re sure there’s plenty of this). At Birmingham there are plenty of options on campus, whatever cuisine you fancy, whether you need to satisfy your pizza craving or are looking for something a bit healthier.
Rumali, from Poole, 2nd year Political Science and International Relations
“I love food, and my favourite thing about Birmingham is definitely all the different dining options- and even how many vegan options there are!”
- We know that students run on caffeine, so it’s no surprise that we have nine Costas, two Starbucks and variety of other University cafes where you can quench your thirst or grab a bite to eat. You can even buy your university eco-cups here and help the environment while satisfying your caffeine addiction.
- Whether you’re craving fish and chips, noodles, a pie -or even a salad, in addition to sandwiches and paninis, you can also take the opportunity to catch up with your friends in between lectures over a sharing platter of nachos and a drink, or a full sit down meal at the end of the day. Check out Joe’s bar, Brooks bar and soon you can try our brand new tapas bar!
- In the middle of campus, you’ll find our beloved fruit and vegetable stall where you can pick up (season-dependent) all the healthy bits you’ll need to cook later, or even just a punnet of grapes to snack on during the day- what could be handier?
- Fresh food doesn’t just stop at our bars and vegetable stall, every month we host a farmer’s market on campus, where you can pick up cheese, bread and tasty takeaway food, or pick up something delicious for lunch including noodles, falafels and ostrich burgers!
- Whatever your needs, you’ll be able to find it on campus, including a number of student bars where you can grab a drink, catch up with friends or play a game of pool – and for the party animals, we even have a club on campus!
You don’t have to leave campus to go shopping, with a number of mini markets (and don’t forget our fruit and veg stall) you can pick up a week’s shopping, or just a loaf of bread right on campus.
Why not explore all the places you can eat on campus!
You can view our Catering Charter (PDF - 294Kb) to find out more about how the University upholds its commitment to providing students, staff and visitors with high-quality food and drink, produced with sustainability in mind.