Postgraduate scholarships and funding
Our database contains details of scholarships and funding opportunities available to you.
Postgraduate programmes are funded differently from undergraduate study and we know that postgraduate study is a big financial commitment. We offer a variety of scholarships and funding options to support you in your postgraduate studies. Explore our database to find a scholarship or funding opportunity that's right for you. The competition for scholarships can be very intense, so it may also be worth exploring alternative options such as those listed below.
Charities, foundations and trusts
Some charities, trusts and foundations offer funds to students who are undertaking particular routes of study and research. These range from large medical societies and charities through to very small organisations. The awards these organisations provide will range in value and eligibility criteria, which may include academic, sport, hobbies, parental occupation and residency.
There are various publications and reference books we recommend that you consult, including the Grants Register, the Charities Digest, the Directory of Grant Making Trusts and the Education Grants Directory. These publications can be found in any good library.
Alternatively, you can search for support from trust or charity organisations online at:
Other sources of information
- TARGETcourses PG funding database- the largest database in the UK where students can search for a variety of postgraduate funding opportunities.
- Prospects- the UK's official graduate careers website.
- Hotcourses - the UK's largest course finder.
- Postgrad Solutions now offer 13 bursaries across a number of subject areas - visit their website to apply.
- StudentFunder is a social enterprise that provides loans to UK, EU and international students on clear and fair terms. Offer-holders and enrolled students on Masters and professional courses can apply for loans or launch crowdfunding campaigns.