Hi! I have spent two years at Birmingham studying English Literature, and have recently completed a year abroad at Northeastern University in Boston. Last year I documented what student life is like as a UoB student on a year abroad and this year I'll be blogging about my final year on my programme here on campus in Birmingham. I’m also visually impaired so will be sharing my experience of university with a disability.
Get to know Beth
- In 10 years I want to be…in a place where finishing that sentence isn’t so difficult! I’d like to be doing something I love, that’s certain.
- Every uni student needs…a constant supply of snacks.
- My best piece of advice for students is…join in and take part, whether it’s in seminars or societies, just have a go and don’t be scared of getting things wrong.
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is…very nerdy, but it’s my course, and the people I met doing it!
- Best study space on campus is…the Guild of Students’ Costa. There are computers with armchairs and coffee nearby, so enough said really!
- If I could be anyone for a day I would be…Margaret Atwood.
- When not studying you’ll find me…drinking tea and probably snacking. Although, I do that when I’m studying too, so reading, writing, running, and planning my next trip somewhere, is a better answer!
- When I was little I wanted to be…an author.
- Best budget friendly meal…vegetable fajitas! (It’s quick to make and only uses one pan, which are definite bonuses too!)
- Snobs or The Soak…The Soak! 2 for 1 cocktails! I repeat, 2 for 1 cocktails!