Hi, I’m Courteney Boden and I am first year studying English with Creative Writing at UoB. I am passionate about fashion as well as nutrition and health and am a member of Cool Runnings- UoB’s running club. I will be writing about managing time and finances as a student, the advantages and disadvantages of a gap year and maintaining good physical and mental health as well as documenting my daily life over on my instagram. Happy reading!
Get to know Courteney
- In 10 years I want to be…the owner of a golden retriever.
- Every student needs… to feel confident in their course choice because there’s nothing worse than putting time and effort into something you’re not interested in.
- My best piece of advice for students is… take full advantage of everything that university life offers you. Join the running club! Support your political party! Learn to row! And go to your lectures. Please.
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is… the people. Being around people with accents like mine definitely takes the edge off.
- Best study space on campus is…my room! I have so many books to carry around with me I like to be able to access everything I need in the comfort of my bedroom.
- If I could be anyone for a day I would be… I would probably be Simone Biles for a day because I’ve always wondered what it's like to be able to do a cartwheel without hurting myself.
- When not studying you’ll find me…spending time with my family and boyfriend. My family live nearby and I like to spend as much time with them as possible.
- When I was little I wanted to be… Editor In Chief of Vogue Magazine (I was quite a driven child).
- Best budget friendly meal…sweet corn and pesto wholemeal pasta. I am by no means a chef but I the one thing I know how to make is pesto pasta. It may be considered a bit plain but it very quick, very easy and very cheap.
- Snobs or The Soak...neither LOL. I don't really drink too much but when I do I just love a gin with my girls.