Hi everyone, my name is Harvey and I’m a Third Year Modern Languages (German Studies) student. I’m currently on my Year Abroad studying in the beautiful town of Tübingen in south-west Germany, and throughout the year I’ll be sharing my experiences of studying abroad, as well as tips and ideas for those of you thinking of going on an exchange programme! I’m also part of the editorial team for The UoB Linguist, our multi-lingual magazine, editing the German-language articles.
Get to know Harvey
- In 10 years I want to be...teaching languages or lecturing (If in doubt, stay at university for the rest of your life!)
- Every uni student needs...a doorstop, it's really useful for the first few weeks of term to get to know your flatmates.
- My best piece of advice for students is…learn how to relax and give yourself a break.
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is…the Jewellery Quarter - loads of museums and little cafes and bars (a great place to relax and explore).
- Best study space on campus is…the new Harding Study Lounge - light, spacious and always quieter than the library.
- If I could be anyone for a day I would be…someone from the past - I'd love to explore Britain in the 1960s or 80s because of how quickly society was changing.
- When not studying you’ll find me…in front of my Xbox or reading some non-fiction!
- When I was little I wanted to be a…teacher or an actor, I've always been outgoing and loved talking to and meeting new people.
- Best budget friendly meal…definitely the student classic, spaghetti bolognese!
- Snobs or The Soak…The Soak - pubs beat clubs any day of the week.