Hi, I’m Nadia a third year History of Art student. I love all things art and culture and you can find be writing or talking about it as the Editor of Redbrick Culture, or as the co-host of Moany Lisa Podcast with BurnFM. Follow my Instagram to get a peek into student life or stay tuned for blog posts and more, on all my tips, tricks and recommendations.
Get to know Nadia
- In 10 years, I want to be…full of experiences. I want to have seen more places, met even more interesting people and to have tried new things that are out of my comfort zone.
- Every uni student needs...a work life balance. Staying on top of your workload will help you get the most out of University and prevent unnecessary stress. But always remember to make time to relax and see friends and family.
- My best piece of advice for students is…get involved beyond the curriculum. University is all about studying, but it is so much more than that. Be it social clubs, hobbies, sports or work experience – try out every opportunity available to you.
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is…the culture! Particularly the galleries, but also the theatres and gig venues, it’s such a vibrant city.
- Best study space on campus is…the Main Library. All your books are on hand and personally, I need zero distractions to force myself to be productive.
- If I could be anyone for a day, I would be…whoever is marking my dissertation, so I can give myself a first.
- When not studying you’ll find me…outside in nature. My friends tease me that I’m like a plant and need to regularly photosynthesise or I’ll get moody.
- When I was little, I wanted to be an… astronaut. Until I realised, I got car sick - let alone rocket sick.
- Best budget friendly meal… pesto pasta. It’s basically all I ate in first year. (I’ve expanded my repertoire slightly now).
- Snobs or The Soak… I’m more of a Soul Jam kind of girl. Can’t resist a boogie.