Raising Aspirations In Secondary Education (RAISE)
The RAISE programme is a range of fun, interactive lectures, workshops, and competitive quizzes for students in Years 7 to 11. The sessions are designed to motivate and inspire students around particular subjects, and in the long term raise achievement at GCSE.
The programme aims to support secondary school students by raising aspirations and breaking down perceived barriers to higher education. From interactive lectures to big quizzes, the events take place throughout the academic year and are free to attend for schools.
What to expect
RAISE events are fun and educational and the content will vary depending on the age group. They include lectures, workshops, and quizzes that schools can participate in.
- We offer 50-minute lectures for Year 7 students that are designed to be fun and educational and all content will be relevant to the age group
- Where possible, audience members can help with demonstrations and experiments
- Schools can bring as many students to these as they wish
- Schools will have the opportunity to attend two lectures on the day
There will be a variety of lectures from subjects across Arts and Humanities as well as the Sciences.
- Schools compete to win prizes, trophies, and medals with each round of the quiz, focusing on a different area of the topic
- Each school can enter up to six teams (a maximum of four students per team).
- The quizzes are designed to offer students insight into different areas of study and careers
Potential topics are:
- Health/Medical Professions
Information about the quizzes will be released in early 2024.
How to book places at an event
To book places for your school or to express your interest, please use our registration form below. Please ensure you have relevant permissions from your senior leadership teams before booking these events, so schools on the waiting list do not miss out on the opportunity if we receive late cancellations.