Apply now for International Clearing
Start your journey at the University of Birmingham in September 2020 and apply now through Clearing. Selected places available for Foundation and Undergraduate International (non-EU) applicants.
IMPORTANT: Our International Clearing application form will be unavailable from 14:00, 12 August. The form will be live again from 00:01 on 13 August. This is while we prepare for confirmation day tomorrow. Please get in touch with us on 13 August either through the phone lines or through the form once it is live again.
Start your application and apply
Before you start:
- Search for a foundation or undergraduate course you would like to study to view our vacancies
- Read our entry requirements on the course page, or your country specific requirements. For some areas we may consider applicants who have achieved slightly lower grades than our standard entry requirements.
- Check that you meet our English language requirements
- Have details of your qualifications or subjects that you have studied ready (A Levels, IB, foundation programme, or others).
- Find your UCAS Personal ID number (if you have one)
You are only eligible for clearing if...
- You are a non-EU student and classed as an Overseas fee payer
- You have applied through UCAS and you have received your results but you are not currently holding an offer anywhere else.
- Or if you have not yet submitted an application through UCAS.
Courses unavailable in Clearing
The only programmes and subject areas which we do not have any vacancies for are:
- Medicine A100
- Dentistry A200
- Dental Hygiene & Therapy B750
- Nursing BNurs: N702, B703, B704
- Nursing MNurs: B705, B709, B706, B707, B708
The BEng and BSc versions of the below courses ARE available in Clearing. We are unable to offer the below MEng and MSci courses in Clearing:
- Chemical Engineering MEng: H810, H801, H802, HW10
- Metallurgy and Materials MEng: J200, F2H1, HJ53
- Aerospace Engineering MEng: H400
- Nuclear Engineering MEng: H822
- MEng Engineering and Mechanical Eng: H632, H301, H330, H303, H305
- All Physics MSci: F302, FFH5, F303, F373 (including Theoretical Physics MSci F3DG/F343)
Discover our Foundation programme
If you do not meet our entry requirements for direct entry onto undergraduate programmes you may be interested in our international foundation pathways. Our foundation pathways are taught by Birmingham academics, on our main campus in Edgbaston and have full access to all campus facilities and university life.
Successful completion of one of our foundation pathways will guarantee progression onto your chosen undergraduate subject.
For more information and to apply now, visit our foundation pathways webpages. Please note, applications for our September foundation pathways close on Sunday 2 August 2020.
If you have any further questions, please do get in touch and we will be happy to help.