The Hannah Bladon Scholarship (Supported by HSBC)
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Theology and Religion
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/01/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Hannah Bladon Scholarship was established in memory of Hannah, a student in the School of Theology and Religion. This award is kindly supported by HSBC.
The award is available to help contribute towards a project in the discipine of Theology and Religion. Examples of projects include:
- £1000 could pay for travel, accommodation and fees at a relevant academic conference. For example, the European Academy of Religion is focused on the theme of Religion and Power and is meeting in Bologna in June 2020. This is a great way to build up expertise for your dissertation, or explore what academic gatherings are like if you’re considering postgraduate study.
- £1000 could pay for your costs to travel and study at a particular archive that holds material relevant to your studies. This could mean support to live in Birmingham for a period over the summer, to spend time in the Cadbury Research Library collections, or to access primary material elsewhere, for example London's British Library or Dublin's Chester Beatty Library.
- £1000 could pay for travel in and outside the UK to engage with different kinds of resources for your studies. For example, if you’re working on art and theology, travel to Italy for galleries to see works that have shaped the thinking in that area; or studying religion and conflict might mean you’d benefit from accessing museums in places like Sarajevo or Berlin.
- £1000 could be used as a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs for work experience related to theology or religion. If you’ve hesitated to go for internships because they’re unpaid, this is a good way of supporting you to take up a place, or a prompt to set up your own.
Value of Award
The award is valued at £1,000 towards support projected connected to the diciplines of Theology and Religion.
The Hannah Bladon scholarship is an annual scholarship to support students to undertake a project connected to the disciplines of Theology and Religion, you do not have to be a student within the department to make an application.
The scholarship is open to any undergraduate student but priority will be given to Access to Birmingham scholars.
How to Apply
To make an application, you need to complete the Hannah Bladon Scholarship application form.
Funding, Graduation & Awards
0121 414 7391