Our Plans and Policies – Download Hub
Embedding sustainability within University practices and programmes requires plans and policies to guide decision making and delivery.
Our Sustainability and Social Responsibility ambitions are set out in our Roadmap to 2025/26. The Roadmap identifies our impact areas we will be developing as we continue to deliver the Birmingham 2026 vision.
The Roadmap to 2025/26 builds on the significant work delivered to date:
- Global impact through our SDG Research. In 2019 >30% publications dealt with SDG themes.
- In 2019 over 700 course modules aligned to SDG priorities, contributing to world class graduates with sustainability in mind.
- As the first Civic University our engagement with the region is paramount. We contribute over £3.5billion to the local economy.
- Wellbeing services including our programme with Pause, delivered in partnership with Forward Thinking Birmingham.
- Inclusivity, equality and diversity underpinned by our commitment to work towards charters including Athena Swan, Race Equality and the Diversity Forum.
- Sustainable operations have achieved a 20% emissions reduction on a 2005/06 baseline, leading ULEV fleets and a green student community.
Our current policies and plans