Engineering First Class Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The school of Engineering is happy to be able to recognise and reward our top 20 incoming UK undergraduate students to celebrate your academic achievements before arriving as a student at the University of Birmingham. In addition to initial scholarships, you may also be eligible to apply to other prizes and bursaries during your time at university to celebrate your continued academic success.
Value of Award
The Engineering First Class Scholarship consists of £3000 cash during year 1 semester 1.
The top 20 students will be decided based on:
- Firstly top 3 A Level grades including Mathematics
- Secondly overall UCAS tariff
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Have a minimum performance of A*AA at A-level from the best three most relevant subjects. The A* must be from mathematics*
- Be classified as UK for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS
- This award cannot be held in conjunction with Engineering Enhancement Scholarship award
* Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact email@example.com
Terms and conditions for First-class scholarships
- A minimum performance of A*AA at A-level from the best three most relevant subjects (the A* must be mathematics) is required. Students presenting other qualifications that the ones listed above will be assessed on an individual basis. The university’s decision on whether a qualification is equivalent to grade A A-level is final. Only A-levels in approved subjects count towards the Scholarship. We do not accept General Studies or Critical Thinking, etc. For confirmation about the status of any subject, please contact the Admissions Office.
- To be eligible to be considered for a scholarship a student must be a new entrant UK student who has applied through UCAS and is admitted to the University of Birmingham, School of Engineering, to commence their studies in September 2022. In addition this must be the first entrance to a UK university that a student has made. Students who were not awarded the Scholarship on entry will not be eligible for it in subsequent years.
- The University of Birmingham, School of Engineering programme must be your firm choice on UCAS prior to A-level results day.
- Students in receipt of scholarships from organisations other than the University of Birmingham are also eligible for this award.
- Students who are eligible for the Enhancement Scholarship will not be considered for the First-Class Scholarship.
- Students will be required to act as Student Ambassadors for School of Engineering events, i.e. Open Days.
- Students who are part of a degree apprenticeship are not eligible for the First-Class scholarship.
- There is no special application process for the Scholarship. Awards will be made automatically to all eligible UK students admitted to the School of Engineering in September of the year you commence your study at Birmingham.
- Conditions are subject to change. Awards are made to candidates who meet the terms and conditions current at the time of entry to the University.
- We can consider students who have achieved AAAA in specific subjects. Please contact us for more information.
How to Apply
There is no special application process for the scholarship. Awards will be made automatically to the top 20 eligible UK students admitted to the School of Engineering in September 2022 as per the terms and conditions set out below.