- Number of A levels required:
- Typical offer:
- Required subjects and grades:
- A level Mathematics. You must also pass the practical element of any reformed science A levels which include Biology, Chemistry and Physics taught from 2015.
General Studies or Critical Thinking not accepted. However, a good performance in one of these may be taken into account if you fail to meet the conditions of the offer.
International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,6 at Higher Level to include Mathematics with a minimum of 32 points overall.
BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered for BEng programmes providing there is sufficient Mathematics content and applicant satisfactorily completes our Mathematics aptitude test.
- BEng; D*D*D* plus Distinction in all units required.
- MEng; not considered unless A level Maths also taken.
BTEC Diploma considered in combination with A Level.
- BEng; D*D* plus B. If the A level taken is not in Mathematics, then the BTEC Diploma must include Maths and Further Maths units, and the applicant must satisfactorily complete our Mathematics aptitude test.
- MEng; D*D* plus A-level Maths grade A
BTEC Subsidiary Diploma considered in combination with 2 A Levels
- BEng; D*plus A B. If A level Mathematics is not taken, then the BTEC Subsidiary Diploma must include Maths and Further Maths units, and the applicant must satisfactorily complete our Mathematics aptitude test.
- MEng; D*plus A,A including Mathematics
Other qualifications are considered – learn more about entry requirements.
Standard English language requirements apply, learn more about
international entry requirements.
Depending on your chosen course of study, you may also be interested in one of our foundation pathways, which offer specially structured programmes for international students whose qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to UK universities. Further details can be found on Birmingham International Academy web pages.