Engineering International Excellence Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Civil Engineering, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
Engineering International Excellence Scholarship, for international undergraduate School of Engineering students, enables you to be recognised and rewarded for your excellent academic achievements before arriving as a student at the University of Birmingham.
Value of Award
The Engineering International Excellence Scholarship consists of £3000 fee waiver during year 1 semester 1 for all students who meet the criteria below.
To be eligible for this award you must:
- Obtain the following results or equivalent in other qualification systems*
- A Levels: A*AA
- IB: 7, 6, 6 from Higher Levels
- HKDSE: 5*, 5, 5
- Indian Standard XII: A* subjects: 90% ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra; or 85% West Bengal, 95% Other State boards Plus Overall: 85% ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra; or 80% West Bengal; or 90% Other State board
- Malaysia - One of the following:
- STPM: Grades equivalent to A level grades above
- UEC: Overall grade A1
- Malaysian Ministry of Education Matriculation programme: Students with a GPA above 3.2 will be considered
- American system: Please see our USA undergraduate entry requirements for A Level equivalencies.
- Fees must not wholly be paid by a sponsoring body
- Be classified as international for fees on your acceptance to the university.
- Be accepted to one of the following courses for year 1 entry in 2022 after placing it as firm choice in UCAS
- This award cannot be held in conjunction with Engineering International Achievement Scholarship award.
* Conversion from other qualification systems is calculated internally by the university, to enquire about your qualifications, please contact email@example.com
Students can renew under the Engineering International Achievement Scholarship after completion of year 1 if they meet the following criteria. Students must:
- Achieve 70% year average at the first attempt in your previous year of study.
How to Apply
No application is required, all those who meet the conditions above will be contacted by the end of welcome week 2022.